AnAqSim Instructional Series: Exercise Set 14
Using QGIS to Build AnAqSim Models
The Set 14 Exercise Package demonstrates the link between AnAqSim and QGIS, a powerful open-source software package that can be used as a graphical user interface for building and displaying AnAqSim models - - including the full interactive 3D display of AnAqSim pathlines. Exercises in Set 14 illustrate how QGIS and AnAqSim can exchange data and images to facilitate groundwater model construction and view and analyze model output.
Topics covered in the Set 14 QGIS Model Building Exercise Package include:
- An overview of QGIS, an open-source Geographic Information System software
- Using QGIS as a graphical pre- and post-processor to access web map services for basemaps
- Digitizing model features (e.g. watershed boundaries, geologic boundaries, etc.) in QGIS for import into AnAqSim
- Creating an AnAqSim river elevation data set by digitizing points on a basemap using QGIS
- Use of a custom flexAEM tool for importing digitized data into a standard XML-format AnAqSim input file to build a basic model framework
- Adding other required parameters to complete model construction
- Modifying the single-layer digitized model to include multiple layers
- Using QGIS with web map services for watershed hydrologic boundaries
- Exporting two and three-dimensional AnAqSim model results to QGIS for display and analysis
The Set 14 Exercise Package contains instructional lessons, any necessary modeling input files, basemaps, etc; and a set of step-by-step completed AnAqSim files that you can load at any point if you want to check one of the exercise steps – everything you need to continue learning groundwater modeling using AnAqSim!
If you have any questions as you work your way through the training materials, be sure to search our Blog for more information or to post a comment or question. Or, visit our Contact page to send us a question directly.
It's time to take the next step to becoming a superior groundwater modeler – with our flexAEM AnAqSim Instructional Series Set 14 Exercise Package!
To obtain a copy of AnAqSim, visit www.anaqsim.com